Alpha Satellite 12 Plus for CLL
- D12Z3, 12p11.1-q11.1, Red
The Alpha Satellite 12 Plus Probe is a repeat sequence probe, labelled in red, which recognises the centromeric repeat sequence D12Z3.
Trisomy 12 is a recurrent abnormality in CLL, seen in 20% of cases1 that often appears as the unique cytogenetic aberration (40-60% of cases with trisomy 12)2. Patients with trisomy 12 are classified as low-risk in the absence of any other genetic lesions3.
This product has been optimised for overnight hybridisation and is also available as part of the CLL Plus Screening Panel (LPH 087).
In our hands, Cytocell FISH probes, including the ROS1 Proximal and ROS1 Distal probes, have proven to be of the highest quality with bright, easy to interpret signals, thus providing confidence in our results. Cytocell’s customer support is outstanding, as their staff are extremely knowledgeable and truly care about their customers and their customers’ needs. Jennie Thurston, Director of Cytogenetics at Carolinas Pathology Group
- Swerdlow et al., (eds,) WHO Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissue, Lyon, France, 4th edition, IARC,2017
- Puiggros et al., Biomed Res Int 2014;1-13
- Rossi et al., Blood 2013;121(8):1403-1412
- Arsham, MS., Barch, MJ. and Lawce HJ. (eds.) (2017) The AGT Cytogenetics Laboratory Manual. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Mascarello JT, Hirsch B, Kearney HM, et al. Section E9 of the American College of Medical Genetics technical standards and guidelines: fluorescence in situ hybridization. Genet Med. 2011;13(7):667-675.
- Wiktor AE, Dyke DLV, Stupca PJ, Ketterling RP, Thorland EC, Shearer BM, Fink SR, Stockero KJ, Majorowicz JR, Dewald GW. Preclinical validation of fluorescence in situ hybridization assays for clinical practice. Genetics in Medicine. 2006;8(1):16–23.
- Area of Interest*
This product is intended to be used on Carnoy’s solution (3:1 methanol/acetic acid) fixed haematological samples.
*Disease information supported by the literature and is not a reflection of the intended purpose of this product.