SRD (CHD5) Deletion
- SRD (CHD5), 1p36.31, Red
- 1qter, 1q44, Green
The SRD (CHD5) Deletion probe consists of a 210kb red probe spanning the SRD (CHD5) gene region. The 1qter probe in green acts as a control for chromosome 1.
The 1p36 region is frequently deleted in a broad range of human cancers1. The Chromodomain Helicase DNA binding domain 5 (CHD5) gene acts as a tumour suppressor at 1p36.31 and is frequently deleted in human gliomas1, leukaemias/lymphomas2 and neuroblastomas3.
Deletion of the short arm of chromosome 1 is one of the most characteristic genetic changes in neuroblastoma, a tumour of the sympathetic nervous system. This is the most common childhood solid extracranial tumour, accounting for around 8%-10% of childhood cancers and 15% of childhood cancer deaths4.
The CHD5 gene has been characterised as the lead tumour suppressor candidate from the 1p36 smallest region of consistent deletion (SRD) region in neuroblastoma5.
The quality and reproducibility of results using the Cytocell kit has been vital in accurately detecting co-deletions in our glioma investigations. We now have a cost-effective test that we can rely on that is also easy to use and interpret. We've been consistently impressed with this kit - not to mention the support offered by OGT's customer service, and have completely transitioned over to Cytocell probes. Gavin Cuthbert FRCPath, Head of Cancer Cytogenetics at the Northern Genetics Service in Newcastle, UK
1. Bagchi, Mills Canc Res 2008;68(8):2551-6
2. Maser et al., Nature 2007;447:966-71
3. Okawa et al., Oncogene 2008;27:803-10
4. Broudeur and Maris, Neuroblastoma in Principles and Practice of Pediatric Oncology. 5th Ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott: 933-970, 2006
5. Fujita et al., J Natl Cancer Inst 2008;100:940-9
- Area of Interest*
- Lymphoma, Breast Cancer, Neuroblastoma, Glioma, Colorectal Cancer, Gallbladder Cancer, Gastric Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Laryngeal, Lung Cancer, Prostate Cancer
This product is intended to be used on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissues.
*Disease information supported by the literature and is not a reflection of the intended purpose of this product.